Its a rainy spring day in Brooklyn, what a great way to brighten it up! These brought smiles to lots of faces at the office, everyone said they were better than gluten-filled cookies!
- 1 cup raw almonds, processed into almond meal or 1 1/4 c. almond flour
- 1/2 c. pecans, processed into pecan meal
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 c. ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5-6 tbsp jam of your choice (strawberry, raspberry, apricot..)
- approx 1/3 cup shredded coconut, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a large baking sheet with oil, or line with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients, breaking up any large clumps. In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Mix dry into wet and stir until combined.
3. Use a tablespoon to shape a heap full on dough into a ball. Roll in coconut if desired. Continue until all dough is used. Cool dough in refrigerator if it is too sticky to work with.
4. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet and back at 350 for 10-12 minutes, until coconut starts to brown. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
5. Enjoy with you favorite tea or milk!